A few weeks ago I was interviewed by WBEZ’s Yolanda Perdomo about the controversies surrounding the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The resulting piece — which also features Brazilian college student Carolina Mendes and Chicago Samba frontman Moacyr Marchini — aired today. You can listen to it above or read the accompanying article here.
- Sergio Barreto, , World Cup 2014, 0
FIFA unexpectedly put 180,000 World Cup tickets for sale on Wednesday. Why? "ery little demand for the seats dedicated...
- Tim Williams, , Chicagoano, Gallery, 1
Milwaukee-born, Brazil-loving designer Brenda Pik showcased the latest designs for her Brazilian Beaute swimwear line with a party and...
- São Paulo samba schools: The final night (21 photos) Feb 7, 2016
- Rio de Janeiro’s 10 wildest carnival groups Feb 7, 2016
- São Paulo samba schools in 2016: The first night (21 photos) Feb 6, 2016
- What it’s like when the animal to be slaughtered is you (NSFW) Feb 6, 2016
- Rio honors Iemanjá, Afro-Brazilian deity of the ocean Feb 2, 2016